Oden is looking for a Still & Motion Media Associate—an all-in-one photographer/videographer/editor. This person will be responsible for assisting in the execution of all photo, video, and graphic design content for use in web and traditional marketing, supporting the needs of the creative and account service teams. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in photography, videography, and graphic design.
We want someone with a positive attitude who can work in a fast-paced, highly creative environment and contribute to group creative discussions. A person who works well with a team, thrives on collaboration as well as reaching individual design goals, and is always seeking to grow and learn.
- Retouch, edit, manipulate, and/or create photo/video assets for website, email, and social media, as well as some print.
- Maintain our visual standards for video and for still photos.
- Keep production running smoothly and keep your project files organized, tagged, and named using company standards.
- Use photo and video hardware and software, including DSLR cameras, mobile phones, lenses, editing systems, lighting, and sound recording.
- Work with designers, content strategists, and project managers to determine style and requirements for shoots.
- Manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and trends in photo and video.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, video or film production, photography, visual communication, or fine arts.
- Two to five years’ experience in an agency or in-house design department.
- Portfolio that demonstrates a range of experience in photo and video production and visual problem-solving in a deadline- and results-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and under the creative direction of others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital videography and photography, advanced photographic and video techniques, and professional quality standards.
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
- Excellent visual design fundamentals, including composition, color theory, typography.
- Superb aesthetic skills. You have a great eye and are able to take any request and find a compelling and attractive way to capture it in video or in a still photo.
- Experience in graphic design, both static and animated, preferably for online (website, email, social media) as well as traditional print.
- Experience in creating story/mood boards.
- Experience in professional product photography and editing.
- Experience in videography, in both studio and live settings, and video editing.
- Knowledge and experience of lighting setup, whether in studio or on location.
- Ability to remain calm under high-pressure deadlines and situations while upholding staff and client expectations.
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback.