We have an immediate need for a production artist who will be responsible for pre-production of print and digital image files. As a member of our production team, the production artist will play a critical role in refining and delivering all print and online assets in accordance with clients’ style and brand guidelines. Because we work at a fast pace, the ideal candidate must be comfortable with tight deadlines and work well under pressure. Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud.
Our ideal candidate is someone who gets excited about executing designs into artwork and reviewing proofs. You need to be a strong thinker, detail oriented, a nimble problem solver, crazy resourceful, a deadline superstar, and just as important, you need to be able to work and connect with your team members and others in the firm. We are looking for great layout skills, demonstrated production experience, strong communication skills, and an enthusiasm for the geeky side of print and production.
- Use our project management system to manage assigned projects and collaborate with the team in tracking and reviewing work.
- Make edits to copy and layout accurately and within deadlines as the work is reviewed.
- Perform image adjustments such as changing resolution, scaling, cropping, and retouching as necessary.
- Produce print and interactive files and emails based on a creative concept while maintaining the integrity of the original design.
- Communicate as necessary with the team to prevent and eliminate errors and problems.
- Check files for completeness and ensure adherence to standards. Perform preflight on print files.
- Monitor art preparation guidelines. Recommend technical and procedural updates and changes as needed.
- Assist in the collection and distribution of assets for preparation of production artwork as necessary.
- Assist in organizing, monitoring, archiving, and maintaining files on the server.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working in an agency or in-house environment.
- Background knowledge in principles of design (e.g., layout, typography, color, balance, composition, and current design trends).
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software that includes but is not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Photoshop.
- Self-motivation and discipline.
- Basic design skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and execute accordingly.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and under tight deadlines, with an understanding of changing priorities.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills are a must.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and/or WordPress a plus.
To apply, submit your resume and a PDF of work samples and/or link to an online portfolio. No phone calls, please.