Oden is seeking a passionate and highly skilled Software Architect to be a part of our growing software development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software solutions that address complex business needs for our firm and clients. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace. He or she will actively engage with cross-functional teams to design, build, and maintain a number of solutions, including web, mobile, and desktop applications within high-security on-premise enterprise environments as well as cloud.
At Oden, we’re not just looking for a hands-on developer; we’re looking for an innovative problem solver who has a passion for learning and driving new technology solutions. The ability to pioneer new technologies and methodologies is vital for the success of this role. Candidates must be willing to learn new and emerging technologies and be comfortable with their exploration and execution. Please note that this position will be based on site in our office in Memphis.
- Work with business/system analysts to understand business process and workflows across multiple areas of the business.
- Architect current and future state solutions across multiple hardware/software computing environments and system components.
- Write and manage code on new and existing software development projects with multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ensure projects follow the prescribed development life cycle and meet coding standards.
- Ensure best practices are adhered to by leveraging automated tools to scan static code.
- Work with QA and testing teams to resolve defects and improve overall product quality.
- Oversee team members and developer resources, providing guidance and mentorship as needed.
- Evaluate opportunities for process improvements, make recommendations, provide insights, and execute solutions.
- Manage and oversee development resources, repositories, and environments related to all software solutions.
- Assist with researching and evaluating existing and emerging technologies.
- Prototype new solutions for evaluation and use in multiple areas of the business.
- Oversee the low-level execution of pilot programs and special development initiatives, including systems integrations and migrations.
- 10+ years in architecting .NET C# web-based applications.
- 5+ years as a lead .NET architect.
- Expertise in object-oriented design and service-oriented architecture.
- Experience designing and developing high-volume and high-performing SPA application integrating with a CMS solution and Enterprise API Services.
- Experience with web service development and integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML).
- Experience with reporting and analytics in a .NET environment.
- Strong experience in designing and developing web applications using SOA.
- Strong experience in Visual Studio, C#, ASP.NET, and .NET framework components such as MVC4, REST full services WCF, Entity Framework, Web API, LINQ, Razor, etc.
- Extensive experience with data-driven applications using MS SQL Server with an understanding of SQL optimization and stored procedures.
- Experienced with microservice-based architectures.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Strong collaboration and coaching skills.
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting; ability to translate symptoms and problems into root causes.
- Experience in B2B and/or high-volume consumer sites.
- Strong motivation; excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to translate technical jargon into easy-to-understand terms.
- A desire to continually learn and stay up to date on the latest technologies.
- An interest in one or more of the following: network and infrastructure security, data mining/machine learning, virtual assistants/chatbots (Bot Builder SDK), augmented reality (Unity, ARKit), Internet of things (Windows 10 IoT Core).
If you have a team mentality, enjoy developing and growing business relationships, and possess strong organizational and leadership skills, we invite you to apply. Note that the position is based on site at our office in Memphis. No remote work is being considered at this time.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a team-oriented, employee-driven culture.
No phone calls, please.