The Digital Technologies Director empowers enterprises to take advantage of advancements in technology that automate processes, improve communications with internal and external stakeholders, and steer companies forward while driving revenue. You will lead, inspire, and grow staff surrounding technology, sharing your knowledge across departments and helping position Oden as a leader in digital experiences. On a daily basis, you will orchestrate internal development teams and outside technical resources to ensure exceptional customer experiences.
The Digital Technologies Director’s role is bridging ideas and technology.
- Lead solution evaluations with appropriate stakeholders in defining business, functional, and technical requirements to ensure tools and systems effectively enable operations.
- Participate in client meetings where technology/development is discussed.
- Assess requirements and explore feasibility and scope for projects to develop estimates and timelines.
- Work closely with strategists, creative leads, and the broader project team to guide the execution of digital projects from an IA/UX and development perspective.
- Provide system and application architecture guidance on project and client levels.
- Provide ongoing management of live systems in collaboration with clients and internal and external partners.
- Present to both internal and external audiences to help educate, inspire, and provide thought leadership on current and emerging digital technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree or graduate school experience a plus.
- 5+ years’ ad agency or digital agency experience.
- 3+ years’ management experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing web-based applications.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience implementing and customizing content management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing relational databases.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience delivering digital and marketing solutions in a B2B environment.
- A deep understanding of modern web development along with an appreciation for compelling user experience and visual design.
- >Experience with keeping a digital team engaged and motivated.
- Understanding of the strengths and limitations of current and emerging platforms.
- Skill in business process workflow design, documentation, and technical implementation.
- Problem solving, with sound judgment in complex situations.
- Ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel to technical and non-technical stakeholders in the assessment and development of existing and/or proposed processes and systems.
- Self-motivation and proactivity; ability to work effectively with limited oversight and direction; attention to detail; organization skills; ability to manage resources, constituencies, projects of varying size, and multiple and competing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through ease in presenting work and actively gathering feedback, both internally and with clients.
- Gravitas and ability to present technical projects to client teams.
- Serve as a technical representative to Oden’s new business efforts.
- Familiarity and/or desire to understand agile methodologies.
- DevOps skills working with cloud platforms and technologies (Vagrant, Ansible, Docker) is preferred.
- Experience with various testing techniques to ensure that the products are delivered with high quality standards.
- An enthusiasm for keeping up to date on emerging digital concepts and trends with the ability to translate that knowledge into actionable recommendations.
- Expertise in various content management systems, digital platforms, online solutions, and middle-ware applications with a desire to maintain technical expertise and hands-on experience with cutting-edge technologies.