The Designer is not just a talented critical thinker, but someone who can tackle complex challenges, create innovative design solutions, and play an integral role in ongoing projects in order to execute our Fortune 1000 client’s strategic goals. An ideal candidate thrives in a creative environment; enjoys working with cross-functional teams; and possesses a good understanding of typography, layout, and illustrations. The Oden environment is a collaborative one, so the Designer must be comfortable both presenting ideas and receiving feedback. Digital experience is a must.
- Develop creative design directions and original concepts that balance strategy and graphic appeal
- Provide solid strategic rationale when presenting concepts to internal teams and clients
- Work collaboratively with other designers, information architects, copywriters, editors, production artists, account members, freelancers, and clients
Skills / Abilities
- Expert understanding and proven ability to apply fundamental design principles (composition, typography, color, etc)
- Critical thinking and ability to prioritize, organize, manage information, and complete projects.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Mac hardware and Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft applications.
- Experience working with email, social, direct mail, on-site, display and other channels.
- Animation skills a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, fine arts, or a related equivalent professional experience required.
- 3-5 years’ professional design experience.
- Corporate or agency experience preferred.