Oden, a Memphis-based B2B marketing communications agency, is seeking an account director/senior account director. The role is a combination of building relationships to grow business, providing marketing expertise, and delivering high-quality account service. This professional will serve as account team leader with responsibility for growth, service, and development of several Fortune 1,000 clients.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to gather information about a client problem or opportunity, assess the situation, and develop or lead the development of a marketing plan to solve the problem or capitalize on an opportunity.
- Develop, build, and nurture relationships with clients at multiple levels, particularly with decision makers, to grow the business.
- Provide direction and guidance to clients in developing marketing communications.
- Serve as the marketing lead in planning and implementing traditional and digital communications and tools to strengthen and grow the brand.
- Collaborate with creative, digital, and technology leads to deliver solutions that are on target with client needs and expectations.
- Employ strong strategic and negotiation skills, with the ability to plan and present agency work/proposals and rationale to clients and prospects.
- Stay apprised of client brands, business goals, and the competitive landscape, as well as trends in branding and marketing, to identify opportunities to increase long-term value from clients.
- Proactively communicate with team and clients to gather information, provide project updates, and obtain feedback and approvals.
- Participate in Oden’s targeted business-development process.
- Draw on expertise, skills, and experience to develop and grow account team skills and abilities.
- Take overall responsibility for account financial management and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR, advertising, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Ten+ years’ professional marketing experience; a proven record of accomplishment leading and developing account teams.
- Agency experience essential.
- Proven record of accomplishment of building and growing client relationships.
- Experience in developing value propositions, proposals, and RFPs to address business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, write, and present marketing plans and communications effectively.
- Experience delivering marketing communication solutions in a B2B environment.
- Proficiency in current business communication technologies.