The Senior Designer is responsible for the look, feel, and key interactions with client content, with an emphasis on web content. The designer will work collaboratively with all members of the marketing team and cross-functionally with the development group to create web and other digital experiences, beginning with the planning/requirements stage through design and deployment at production.
The Senior Designer will collaborate on feature enhancements and key stakeholder experiences to meet business goals and project requirements. He/she must be able to consider content, navigation structure, and usability issues to create engaging user experiences. At the same time, the Senior Designer will be comfortable solving real business problems via design thinking.
The right candidate lives and breathes design and can produce effective designs for print and digital. He/she is as excited about type design, color, and layout as are about technology and HTML/CSS. The designer executes interaction design and visual design as part of a multidisciplinary team. The designer enjoys discovering new ways to do things and embraces wireframing, rapid prototyping, and other tools to communicate functionality and user journeys.
Key attributes of this individual are flexibility, adaptability, an innovative spirit, and great energy. The ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments while delivering quality work by tight deadlines is a must. The successful candidate will have strong problem-solving skills and approach each project with a solution-oriented perspective. We’re looking for a highly motivated team player, a self-starter who will thrive in a collaborative, innovative, and team-oriented environment.
Skills / Abilities
- Knowledge of digital standards, best practices, and trends in digital and mobile, as well as proficiency with design applications including Adobe Creative Suite; familiarity with Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar prototyping tools.
- Knowledge of conceptual design, interaction design, and useable interfaces.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams to successfully take digital projects through their full life cycle, from concept to go-live.
- Experience communicating with developers and working within development processes to achieve viable solutions.
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience driving design processes across cross-functional teams, from wireframing, to prototyping, to visual design, to iterating on live products based on internal, client, and user feedback.
- Ability to collaborate with team to collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative client and user feedback to inform and validate design decisions.
- Solid understanding of information architecture and UX/UI. Experience with user interface design patterns.
- Strong understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic Design combined with outstanding creative portfolio preferred.
- 7–10 years with at least 5+ years of experience in a digital marketing or digital agency environment.