Oden, a Memphis-based B2B marketing communications firm, is seeking an account director/strategist. The role is both strategist and provider of high-quality account service. This professional will serve as account team leader with responsibility for service, growth, and development of several Fortune 1,000 clients.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to gather information about a client problem or opportunity, assess the situation, and develop or lead the development of a marketing plan to solve the problem or leverage an opportunity.
- Provides direction and guidance to clients in developing brand strategies.
- Serves as lead strategist in planning and implementing traditional and digital communications and tools to strengthen and grow the brand.
- Collaborates with creative and technology leads to deliver solutions that are on target with client needs and expectations.
- Possesses strong strategic and negotiation skills, with the ability to plan and present agency work/proposals and rationale.
- Stays apprised of client brands, business goals, and competitive landscape, as well as trends in branding and marketing.
- Proactively communicates with team and clients to gather information, provide project updates, and obtain feedback and approvals.
- Develops, builds, and maintains relationships with clients at multiple levels, particularly with decision makers.
- Participates in Oden’s targeted business development process.
- Leverages expertise, skills, and experience to develop and grow account team skills and abilities.
- Takes overall responsibility for account financial management and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR, advertising, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Ten+ years’ professional marketing experience; a proven record of accomplishment leading and developing account teams.
- Agency experience essential.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, write, and present marketing plans and strategic communications effectively.
- Experience delivering marketing communication solutions in a B2B environment.
- Proven record of accomplishment of building and sustaining client relationships.
- Proficiency in current business communication technologies.